Thursday, June 22, 2006

What's Next?

After two weeks and a half of renovation work, the house is finally 'restored' with a fresh new look. Dev and I just hope that our home remains the same for many years to come. The part-time helper I got did a brilliant job! She thoroughly cleaned the entire house from top to bottom, and I was so thankful for her excellent job that I ended up giving her a small tip. I have never hired a domestic helper, and for the first time, it felt great getting our home back to normal again, which means no more cement dust covering out feet, no more inappropriate positions of furniture and no more covered sofas!

As soon as the contractor and his workers cleaned out the mess in the lawn this morning (by the way the lawn is in a mess with a mixture of spilt concrete powder, rain water soaked in the ground and yellow patches -- not a pretty sight), I got ready and picked up my visiting mom from my sister's place and went shopping. It was a great afternoon -- the mall was empty because we were there on a weekday afternoon. No problem finding a parking spot, and no long queues at the cashier counters. However, it poured heavily when we were about to exit the mall.

Tomorrow is HAIR DAY for me. After lunch, I am getting my hair rebonded (straightened) at a nearby salon. I would want to get my hair coloured as well (red, I hope!) but because rebonded hair is brittle and dry, it is not recommended to do colouring so soon. I was told to wait for 2-3 weeks after rebonding my hair. I was also told red doesn't last for a very long time, so it's back to copper for me. Hopefully my hair looks great before I leave for Abu Dhabi. The harsh water in the Middle East makes hair dry, so I may have a problem trying to tame my hair! Must remember to stock up on loads of hair conditioner!

Dev's 3-week leave in July was not approved due to the shortage of pilots (sob, sob sob ... because he won't be home in July for long). He's been given only four off days -- just to be able to attend our friend's wedding, and if we are not too bogged down with running errands at the very end hour, we may have a special celebration of our first wedding anniversary.

Soon, it will be time for me to start packing (no more procratination, Jac!). Until then, I shall enjoy every moment and every day here with my family and friends.

No comments: