Thursday, June 08, 2006

House Arrest


Not a good time to have guests!



Finally, the glass blocks are up!

Last Friday was the day I ended my career after ten years. Though I am not saying it's going to be something permanent (staying jobless, I meant), a person like me should be over the moon being a housewife. Unfortunately, it's been a whole week of staying home and not being able to leave the house that is driving me nuts. The workers are here doing minor renovations and getting the exterior walls painted. Dev and I wanted only the exterior walls and grills to be repainted, but we ended up getting some tilework done, a couple of bedroom windows changed as well as old fences replaced.

The house is in a terribly mess -- imagine having to be in the house while the workers work and floors covered with cement dust! The contractor promised me that work will end on Monday, and I sure am counting the last few days to the completion.

Once the renovation is over, I have to spend several days after that cleaning up every corner of the house. And once that is done, I will be free to meet up and catch up with my friends and former colleagues! Can't wait!

No comments: