Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Girlfriends Rock!

It has been more than a week, and the renovation is still not completed. Well, most of the walls and grills have been painted. Tiling will be done on Thursday together with changing of the fences, and the three windows that need replacing will be done end of the week or by early next week. Soon after everything is completed, I will be hiring a part-time maid to help me with spring cleaning. I have never had a maid before - I hope this one does everything well. I am only having her at home for four days in a row once the renovation is over. I desperately need urgent help to make my house a home again.

After being under house arrest for more than a week now, going out and meeting my girlfriends for lunch was wonderful. Joyce, a mom to baby Chairmaine, is still as sexy as she has always been, and Li Yen, whom I have known for ages as well, managed to join us for lunch, though she was hopping with one leg and crutches (Li Yen fractured her ankle when she slipped while trekking in Thailand recently). But she is still as bubbly and crazy as ever! You go girl!!!

It was great catching up with Joyce and Li Yen, and I have to say, though our busy schedules sometimes do not permit us to meet often, Joyce and Li Yen often make time for us girls to catch up over lunch or tea and the occasional text messages. You girls ROCK! Keep it up! The apple crumble dessert we had today doesn't measure up to our beautiful friendship.

1 comment:

itchyfeet said...

Awww!!! We will always rock n roll togeder babeh!!!

Hhhehehehe..will miss ya when u're gone!

Hugs hugs!