Thursday, March 15, 2007

Greetings from Malaysia

Hi there. It has been a month since I left Abu Dhabi and have been home in Malaysia. Nothing like home, honestly. Despite the terrible heat (I feel sweaty all the time mainly because of the stage of pregnancy I am in right now, 7 months), I enjoy being home. I do miss my life in Abu Dhabi, though. Just a little.

I have been meeting up with friends and former colleagues. As long as I can still sit comfortably behind the steering wheel, I drive myself to the malls and shop on my own and have coffee with friends. Some friends have been extremely nice, offering to fetch me from home. Thanks guys!

Yesterday and today, it poured heavily in the afternoon for several hours, which was nice. It is much cooler, and I love the cool breeze that blows in to the house from opened windows and doors. Aaaah, this is what I call home! Fresh air, no air-conditioning but just fans, and the after-the-rain smell.

Above all, I do have some days when I am dead bored at home with nothing to do. I have to keep myself occupied, so I move around weeding the garden, washing the porches, watering the plants, mopping the floors and a little bit of cooking. I think I have done enough shopping for both baby and myself, so no more shopping! I have got everything ready for the arrival of our baby end of May.

Keep those e-mails coming. Love hearing from all of you ;)

No comments: