Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday in Abu Dhabi

Life is slowly settling in here in Abu Dhabi where the temperature has dropped. Winter has arrived, and so has the midnight-to-morning mist that fogs the view. It's lovely actually, unless of course we have to drive around town not being able to see what's ahead. I am not driving at the moment and do not intend to for the time being. Our seven-seater "tank" is way too huge for me to be handling it! It is just a matter of getting used to it, but I took it for a short drive with Dev, and the surround censor kept beeping to signal that I was too close to some vehicles parked along the streets! Hehe!

Life's good! Baby's fine and has sort of adjusted to living in a fully-air-conditioned apartment in the winter. Hmmm! Thanks to thick clothings! Oh yes, thanks Laila for the clothes :)

Thiren will turn six months on the 27th. He is learning to crawl by lifting his butt up and moving his legs and hands. When we place him down on his colourful playmat in the living room, he goes on all fours, like a little puppy. Very cute indeed! Then, he goes flat on his belly. Everything he grabs goes into his mouth. Imagine his toys are wet covered with saliva!

Thiren took his first taste of mashed banana this afternoon. He swallowed it as Dev and I took turns to feed him, but little man has a frown of disapproval, like "what the heck is mommy feeding me?!" Well, as predicted, he didn't like it that much. Got to try again another day. We have apples, peach and mango in the fridge for him ;)

And for the longest time, yahoo mail is not allowing me to access my e-mails! This is so very frustrating, and the fact that I know I have 11 e-mails waiting in the inbox (because while on yahoo messenger, the messages kept popping up to say that I have mails from various people, and they ain't junk mails!) I am dying to read them, and yet I have to be so patient trying and trying and trying to get to that page. Oh well ...

Baby is going to wake up soon, and I am all dressed up for dinner at the mall with Dev and a couple of our friends. I got my toe nails painted too while baby was taking a nap this afternoon :) Baby will be with us in his stroller, hopefully entertaining himself with his toys and allowing us to enjoy our meal. I have dressed him up in a striped top and jeans with matching socks.

I will upload some pictures of Thiren soon. Until then, have a good week and smile! Life's good!

No comments: