Thursday, June 28, 2007

Baby Updates

Baby Thiren turned one month yesterday, June 27. He is growing up fast, and with each passing day, his facial expressions and looks change. He no longer looks like a newborn. He is looking much like a playful baby. He likes sleeping on his belly - he sleep longer that way compared to being rocked in a cradle. His feeding time is predictable. He wakes up every three hours for his feed. Mommy gets to sleep quite well in the night too because of his fixed schedule.

As days progress, so does baby Thiren. We know his likes and dislikes. Well, he dislikes loud sounds and dislikes being undressed for baths. Nappy changing, dressing up and preparing his feed must be done as quickly as possible. It reminds me of how pitstop workers carry out their individual duties in a race! The scenario here: my mom putting on his diapers, mom-in-law putting on the mittens and I trying to button his shirt or make his milk. Once he is dressed, brushing his fine hair seems soothing to baby Thiren. His cries will stop as soon as the brush touches his head. Then it is feeding time, and he is quiet again.

Baby Thiren can lift up his head and hold it up quite steadily for quite a while. He smiles when we tickle or touch his cheeks, and his cooing just melts our hearts away! He captures the hearts of every relative, from his three female cousins to the grandparents.

On the other side of the planet, "Daddy Cool" is missing his little boy, often asking me to ring him up whenever our baby cries. Daddy just feels satisfied listening to the cries. Daddy has a very busy schedule, and we are keeping our fingers crossed for a long stretch of off days so that he can return to see his little one.

I promise to upload more photos once I have the right tools to do so when I am back in Kuala Lumpur next week.

My one-month confinement is over. I can now enjoy proper meals and start getting back in shape to fit into my old clothes. I miss wearing my jeans! Gotta work hard now to lose those pounds.

Signing off from Mommy dearest!

No comments: