Friday, October 20, 2006

A Pat On The Back

Dev and I have always had friends over for dinners, but today was a little special. It wasn't just any ordinary dinner. It was just special, and I am proud to say I did well with the food preparation (with Dev's help in the kitchen, of course!) Again, it had slipped my mind to take snap shots of my dishes.

I prepared "pork adobo", a famous Filipino dish, which is pork belly and rib cubes seasoned in sweet and soy sauce, with a little bit of ketchup added to the sauce. It was my first attempt, and I am proud to say it was a success! I had also prepared nyonya acar (pineapple, cucumber, carrot and long bean cuts mixed with blended chili and peanuts), omelette with cut long beans and tofu with minced pork. When your guests (and husband) take a second helping, it is the best compliment without having to hear it. Honestly, I surprised myself with the ability to cook and my new found interest - cooking. From being a woman who had never liked cooking to being able to prepare a sumptious meal, Mom, you will be proud of me ;)

Let me give myself a pat on the back!

No comments: